(a) Function of BMPs as intended. The owner of each structural BMP installed pursuant to this chapter shall maintain and operate it so as to preserve and continue its function in controlling stormwater quality and quantity at the degree or amount of function for which the structural BMP was designed.
(b) Annual maintenance inspection and report. The person responsible for maintenance of any structural BMP installed pursuant to this chapter shall submit to the stormwater administrator an inspection report from one of the following persons performing services only in their area of competence: a qualified registered North Carolina professional engineer, surveyor, landscape architect, soil scientist, aquatic biologist, or person certified by the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service for stormwater treatment practice inspection and maintenance. The inspection report shall contain all of the following:
(1) The name and address of the land owner;
(2) The recorded book and page number of the lot of each structural BMP;
(3) A statement that an inspection was made of all structural BMPs;
(4) The date the inspection was made;
(5) A statement that all inspected structural BMPs are performing properly and are in compliance with the terms and conditions of the approved maintenance agreement required by this chapter; and
(6) The original signature and seal of the engineer, surveyor, or landscape architect.
All inspection reports shall be on forms supplied by the stormwater administrator. An original inspection report shall be provided to the stormwater administrator beginning one year from the date of as-built certification and each year thereafter on or before the date of the as-built certification.