Please submit your name and email to access this content

    State of Nevada

    Nevada Stormwater Laws & Regulations

    The state operates under the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection Bureau of Water Pollution Control Stormwater Discharge Permit Program. Guidance manuals and regulatory authority fall to the individual Phase I MS4s (Las Vegas Valley, Nevada DOT, and Truckee Meadows), and Phase II general permit NVS040000. There is no state level guidance manual, and the state has no quantitative standards for post-construction, however the individual MS4s must meet a maintenance and good housekeeping requirement.

    Excerpt from Stormwater Discharge Permit

    U.S. EPA regulations at 40 CFR § 122.26(b)(14)require stormwater discharge permits for certain activities that discharge stormwater to waters of the United States. In compliance with this regulation, the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection (NDEP) has issued several General Permits for stormwater discharges. Notices of Intent (applications for permit coverage), Notices of Termination, Fees, and other correspondence should be mailed to:

    Nevada Division of Environmental Protection

    Bureau of Water Pollution Control

    901 South Stewart Street, Suite 4001

    Carson City NV 89701-5249

    Fee amounts, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and additional information about the different Stormwater General Permits and programs can be found by selecting one of the links listed below.

    Stormwater General Permits and Associated Information

    Notice:  The General Permit for Stormwater Discharges Associated with Industrial Activity from Metals Mining Activities (NVR300000), the General Permit for Discharges from Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (NVS040000), and the 2015 General Permit for Construction Activity (NVR100000) have been administratively continued while a renewal permit is being drafted. A renewal notice will be mailed once the new permit has been issued.


    Continuation of Coverage — NDEP's General Permits that have expired will remain in effect until reissued (NAC 445A.241). Coverage obtained under the existing permits will continue under the reissued permits.

    More Information — Contact the Bureau of Water Pollution Control at (775) 687-9418.


    Stormwater Resources/Documents 

    Statutes& Regulations – Section 445A